Have a Great Day all!:-)
Hi everyone! Please take a look at my video if you ever had concerns about acne, oil, and redness. My skin was a nightmare, but now I have the Dark Angels Cleanser and the Breath of Fresh Air Toner Water as my miracle cure.
The cleanser is amazing and smells great. It exfoliates and pulls out any gunk that is clogging your pores. The toner water returns moisture and balance to skin while reducing redness. Together they manage oil production to get rid of grease and shininess. Please give them a try if you are struggling like me!
I love love love this stuff! I will recommend this to anyone and everyone.
I normally blend up a smoothie with frozen strawberries, 1 banana, greek yogurt, a splash of milk, and about 5 ice cubes. After its all mixed together in the Magic Bullet, I toss in a scoop of the Chocolate Flavored powder. I struggle with trying to get enough veggies in my day, so this plant-based powder gets them in there for me!
Here is the information taken from Vega One’s webpage:
Made from real, whole food ingredients, Vega One All-in-One Nutritional Shake has the good stuff you’d choose if you had the time – all in one delicious scoop. With everything you need, Vega One gives you:
- 20 grams of complete, multisource, plant-based protein
- 6 servings of greens
- 50% daily intake of food-based vitamins and minerals
- 25% DV fiber
- 1.5 grams of Omega-3s
- Probiotics (1 billion CFU)
- Low-glycemic with no sugar added
- Only 160 calories per serving
Vega One is free from dairy, gluten and soy, and contains no added sugar, artificial flavors, colors or sweeteners. Vega One is also Non-GMO Project Verified.
Available in Berry, Chocolate, Vanilla Chai and Natural flavor.
Enjoy Vega One shaken with water, juice or a non-dairy beverage of your choice, and as a delicious, nutrient-supplementing addition to your favorite smoothie recipe.
Did I mention it tastes amazing?! Those of you who are vegan, you can replace the greek yogurt and milk with appropriate substitutions of your choice. Or you can mix the powder by itself with some water or almond milk. Your choice! I think it tastes just as good with plain water, but making it into a smoothie is like a delicious frozen treat.
I generally have this as a lunch replacement 3 or 4 days a week. It is plenty to fill me up until dinner time. Although I like to have little snacks here and there anyway (almonds, fruits).
They also have single-serve sizes so you can try it out before buying the large tub. Give it a try and let me know how you like it in the comments section!
Hi everyone! I’m here to share another Whole Foods Receipt with you!
2 bakery rolls – $1.50
1.5 lbs of organic broccoli (3 bunches) – $4.66
1 bunch of carrots – $2.49
1 pint organic blueberries – $2.99 (SALE!)
1 lb organic stawberries – $3.50 (SALE!)
1 large vidalia onion – $1.28
1 lock of sharp cheddar – $2.49
16oz organic salted butter – $4.49
1 jar peanut butter – $2.79
1 pack of chicken breast – $7.03
1 cantaloupe – $2.99 (SALE!)
Total with Tax (and reusable bag refund) = $36.00
Normally I’ll buy a few apples to have as my mid-day snack, but lately they have been giving me a belly ache after I eat them. So instead I got a few different fruits to make a fruit salad! I can have this for a snack every day this week.
The carrots, broccoli, onion, cheddar, and butter are for homemade broccoli cheddar soup (Panera copy-cat). I’ll post the recipe for you when I make it later this week! It is absolutely delicious! Also, the rolls are for me to dip in the soup. This will make a yummy lunch for about 5 days.
For my breakfasts I already had bread, but I’m running low on PB so I grabbed a jar.
For dinner, I picked up some more chicken. I have a few bags of frozen veggies already.
And there you have it. I am set for the week!
Feel free to comment or email me if you want any budgeting or meal planning advice!
I’m sure you’ve all read Steph’s awesome post about the Delaware Water Gap! Today I’m going to share the photos that I took from that amazing trip.
This trip would count as my second major hiking trip. Mt. Tammany is around 1500ft above sea level (pretty close in height to Hawk Mountain actually). By researching a few websites, I knew what to expect and had confidence that I could complete it. Sure, it was exhausting but the views were worth it.
Please subscribe for more!
Happy Thursday every one! 🙂
Do you like to get your nails done but just can’t afford it?? I went to school for cosmetology and learned some tricks that really do work that I’d like to share with you. Since I wanted to save money and NOT spend it on going to a salon to get my nails done, I had to get creative, especially for special events where I NEEDED to get my nails done. I am here to tell you how to do your own pretty nails for $5.00 – $7.00!!!
So, I’m sure MANY girls have dabbled around with “push on” or “glue” nails, as I have, with no avail. They would inevitably fall off in your sleep, in the shower, doing dishes or picking your nose, within the first 12 hrs of putting them on. How very frustrating????
Okay, go to Walmart, or Rite Aid! (I am relatively sure these are sold at other stores, but I am not sure what they are priced there.) You are going to pick up one of these brands of “Press-on” nails! Or you can pick up multiple brands/colors so you can have fun with it later! Thats what I do 🙂
Okay, starting to seem like a horrible, messy idea, right? JUST TRUST ME!
You will also need: a buffer, a nail filer, nail clippers, cotton ball, nail polish remover (even if you don’t have any nail polish on).
If you do have any nail polish on, please remove before you start!
Also, I suggest taking the nails out of the package and sizing them to your nails now! Place them in a line in the order of your fingers! This will make it so much easier!
1. Clip your nails as low as you can get them, with out cutting your skin. (If you can’t get them shorter thats okay!!)
2. What I usually do next is, really get in there and file all sides of my nail (except the bottom, obviously). You don’t have to do this but I feel like I have more control over the “Press on” nail when my actual nails are not in the way.
3. Place a small amount of Nail Polish Remover on a cotton ball and go over each nail thoroughly. This will dehydrate your nail. This is the key to helping the glue stick to your nails for an extended period of time.
4. Push your cuticles down with a pusher, and buff each of your nails efficiently. You should have lots of nail dust! This too will aid in dehydration of your nail!
5. Once more, thoroughly soak each nail with a Nail Polish Remover filled cotton ball! This is the final time, this will clean all your nail dust and ready your nail for the glue!
6. Start with your pinky nail and work your way to your thumb, one hand at a time! Pick up the nail at the tip, with the bottom towards you, flip it over and dab the glue INSIDE THE NAIL. Do not attempt to place the glue on your actual nail first, this will create a mess of glue and air pockets under your nails.
7. Once the glue is in the “push on” nail, CAREFULLY flip the “push on” nail, and rest it over your real nail, making sure its straight and in the place you want it. Note: Do not press the nail right away. This will also create a glue mess and air pockets. Instead, just place the “push on” nail over your real nail, making sure it fits. Wait a few seconds (I usually count to 7), and as it starts to stick, I will then push the nail down to make sure its glued on well. Repeat this for all ten nails!!
The first few times you do this may be a little messy, but I PROMISE, these nails will last you. The key is to dehydrate your nails! And remember, you don’t need a lot of glue! Too much glue will create air pockets! Air pockets help your “push on” nails to fall off easier!
These are my own nails that I did 2 weeks ago! Still on, and getting ready to change them!
* This is great for any special event that you really don’t want to spend any extra money on than you have to!
* Easy to put on and take off
* You can also do this for your toes!!
* If you are worried about “Dehydrating” your nails, you can always take them off after your occasion. I like to buff any remaining glue off, wash my fingernails, then place coconut oil on and around every nail to give them some hydration/moisture!
Also… I like to hike! I deliver mail/packages, do hair updo’s, and I have a 5 year old. I am tough on my hands, but these nails are tougher, and have lasted! And the best part is, if one of them or all of them do fall off, then it only cost $5.00 – $7.00!
I just did my sister’s nails about a week ago, mind you, she is a dog groomer and has a one year old son, and can be pretty rough on her nails as well. She just texted me yesterday and told me that all of her nails are still on, and that she is going to try to do these nails herself since I showed her a few tips!
Again, you don’t have to do this, but just keep in mind, it’s budget friendly, they do last, and they are super pretty 🙂 If you have any questions, please feel free to comment and ask!! I would be happy to help!
Thanks for reading and I hope you give this a try!!!
People may tell you that granola bars are a healthy food, but watch out for the imposters at the grocery store! They are full of unnecessary sugar and ingredients that I can’t even pronounce. What if I told you there was a quick and simple recipe for making your own homemade granola bars in 15 minutes? Keep reading for more!
I purchase all of my ingredients at Whole Foods. I choose to get organic products when I have the money, but conventional is just fine as well!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup milk (dairy, almond, soy)
- 3 to 4 heaping tablespoons of peanut butter
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of honey
- 3 drops of vanilla extract
- 1 scoop of Vega One chocolate protein powder (any powder works)
- Cinnamon to taste
- Chocolate chips